Day 59 - Max Is Alive!

Okay - I didn't really name my computer, I swear, lol. I actually only just came up with it when I named my initial blog post about Getting my Mac. But I kinda like it - Max the Mac, lol :P

Anyhoo - I finally got it up! It was sitting on my kitchen table for about a day, but it wasn't turned on until now!! I got everything put onto my external and decided that it was now or never :D



Lets see .... it's different. Not crazy different, but enough to be noticable. When I explained it to my hubby - I compared it to how England & the US are different. We (mostly) came from England, and (I swear) adopted everything OPPOSITE from them. I'm thinking mainly what side we drive on, lol.

Anyways, the difference are little and annoying, lol. The X to close a window is on the left instead of right. The X and minimize/maximize buttons are tiny compared to a PC. When I save something onto the desktop, it puts it on the right instead of left, lol. My "start" button (which I really don't have) is on the top of the screen, not the bottom. And many other little things. I had a hard time figuring out how to access a program I just installed (Photoshop). That was annoying. OH - the mouse was weird at first (there was no "right click" on it.). But I found a way to turn that on (thank goodness!!!).

So yeah - it'll be a trial I'm sure, but I'm sure I'll get used to it soon enough (goodness, I hope I will!!!!)

Comments