Day 38 - Day One Sucks & 2011 Year In Review

So I finally did it! I opened up the DVD I bought a month ago and plugged it in the Blu Ray player. What DVD, you ask? Well - in my efforts to be healthy, I decided it would be a good idea to get a good, moderate exercise tape. The biggest loser gang called out to me, and I ended up getting Jillian's 30 Day Shred (I'd already heard about it and it seemed like it could help). I wasn't looking to workout 5 hours a day, 7 days a week. I honestly didn't even want to have to work out-I was hoping simple life changes could get me back to a healthy weight because the thought of having to workout for the rest of my life just to maintain a weight kinda makes me ill. BUT - the small changes I've done actually motivated me to do more. The weight was coming off, but not as fast as I was hoping. And I'm not looking for speed weight loss, I just want to see some changes after a month (I can see slight changes, but I want more!).

So I popped that sucker in and pushed play. I was ready for whatever was thrown my way ... and I have to say that, for the most part - I did okay. I knew I'd be tired (and i was). I knew I'd be winded (and I was). I knew I'd probably not be able to do everything full out (and I couldn't). And I knew I'd be sore (and I SO was! lol). But it was so worth it! I did it and I was excited about it! I actually can't wait to do it tomorrow!!! :D

And my photo today is me, right after working out. I took this for Tom to show him how red I was, lol. And even though I don't look glamorous, I do like it cuz it shows evidence of my hard work :)



OH! And I totally forgot to share a layout I made. Last month, Darcy gave us a font set to use and asked for some creative journaling. It wasn't being released until Feb. 1st, so I had to hold onto my layout until then. So I can finally share it with all of you:


The OMG list of credits can be found by clicking on the image!

I can't get over how much I LOVE this layout! I envisioned it and was able to reproduce what I saw in my mind. Sweet Shoppe had a Year In Review challenge for January's portfolio (HERE) and I wasn't a fan of the plain look of it. I wanted a more visual representation, so that's where I went with it. I also found THIS template and thought it could be perfect. I altered it and had it all set up for what I wanted before I even chose the first paper. Then I chose a kit and the colors I wanted and then made everything else I found match those colors. Long story short - that's what came of my work! Ain't she pretty? I got two Gallery Stand Outs with it as well as a Layout of the Week! (In the digi world - that's a good thing, lol. Especially the LOTW!)

Okay - I'm done! Wish me luck with day 2 tomorrow, cuz day 1 is kickin' my ass, lol :D ~Jen

Comments