Day 31 - Cake Wounds

So the journey I had making the Angry Birds cake was not without incident. I really didn't do much (by way of injury) but I did burn my arm, lol. I swear - I bake a lot, lol. So I'm not a complete novice when it comes to hot pans and stuff, lol. But I had STUPIDLY forgot to put crisco or anything in the pan first before putting the batter in. Total face palm moment - trust me, lol. So when it came out of the oven, I didn't want to let it cool and get more firm on the pan. I wanted to get it out of there as soon as I could. I had my oven mits on and all that.

I don't think I can describe just how I did this, but I was trying to let the pan lean towards me so that the cake would carefully & softly fall out and onto my arms. Well - the cake didn't come out completely, and it held onto the pan - and the whole thing came down. The end of the mit left my arm exposed and it made contact with the pan. Instant burn! :(

LUCKILY - it wasn't straight out of the oven. I let it cool a bit (trying to decide if I should get the cake out then or wait). So it didn't seem like a big burn. However, by the end of the day, I knew it was a decently bad burn. I even bandaged it up so it would be rubbed on the blanket while I slept.

And a couple days later, it just kept getting darker and darker, lol. Here is my lovely burn as evidence to my stupidity, lol:



That's from the square pan I used - you can see the corner of it where it bends. Aren't I smart!? :P Okay - that's it for January! Yay me!! Moving on next to February!! :)

Comments