Day 29 - Bird Carnage

**Note** To see how I made my Angry Bird cake & characters, go HERE. To read my P365 entry, continue on :)


Well, today was the big day!! After having little sleep last night, I was excited, but uber tired, lol. I got up and got ready for church. Liam was excited because he was going to get sung to today in front of the church :)

I put the finishing touches on the cake (I decided to add some flowers and nervously glued all the birds down. Up until now, everything had only been sitting on the cake. Now it was "permanent") :D

After church, we came home to bide our time. The party wasn't until 6:30pm, so we had some time to kill. I wrapped his presents, played online. Finally, we were just too antsy, and we headed to Las Cruces. The 45min drive was slightly uncomfortable (holding the cake on my lap) but we made it there okay.

We walked around Target for a while (we don't have one of those here, so I always visit everytime we go to Cruces cuz I miss that store like crazy, lol). Finally we went to Chuck E Cheese. Tom's coworker and his family were already there (they were late invitees - honestly didn't think anyone would drive to Cruces for a bday party). I'm SO glad they came. They are all so awesome - I hope to get better acquainted in the future :)

The party went GREAT!! Chuck E Cheese's was pretty full when we got there, but it cleared out pretty quick (thus why we do parties at 6:30pm on a Sunday, lol). The kids played and so did the big people, lol. The cake was a huge hit! Both to look at - and to taste!! Liam had a great time opening all his presents. And he loved his one-on-one time with Chuck-E. All in all - it was the best party yet!! And the cake was a HUGE success!!

Once again, I'm saving the cake photos for the big post about me making my cake. Besides - I just love this photo of Liam munching down on one of the birds. I know that cheapo fondant from Walmart might taste nasty, but the kids didn't seem to mind at all. They ate the birds with glee!



That's it for today!! Next I'm doing up my post about how I made my Angry Bird Characters as well as the cake!! :) XOXO! ~Jen

Comments